5 Best Dog Buttons for Communication
Communication buttons for dogs have become a recent trendy item among dog owners. But this popularity has resulted in talking buttons flooding the pet product market, making it impossible to find practical choices. So I decided to remove this difficulty with reviews of the best available options and details about how to find them. I’m […] The post 5 Best Dog Buttons for Communication appeared first on DogVills.
Communication buttons for dogs have become a recent trendy item among dog owners. But this popularity has resulted in talking buttons flooding the pet product market, making it impossible to find practical choices. So I decided to remove this difficulty with reviews of the best available options and details about how to find them. I’m confident our buying guide will make finding the perfect talking buttons for your dog a breeze.
If you’re in a rush, check out the side-by-side comparison table below for a quick peek at my favorites. FYI, this post includes affiliate links. If you buy anything through these links, we earn a small fee at no extra cost to you.
5 Best Dog Buttons for Communication
Separating high-quality dog buttons for communication from low-quality ones can be daunting on a site like Amazon. But I did the work for you by pulling out what I’ve found to be the best five available options. So let’s see what makes them a step ahead of these other choices.
1. Premvida Dog Training Buttons for Communication
The Premvida Dog Training Buttons for Communication is an excellent starting point for pet owners with its impressive 12-button set. Honestly, I couldn’t find many more convenient options than this one, especially with its 30-second customizable recording duration. Anyone looking to provide their dog with top-end button training should seriously consider it.
- 12-button set
- Two customizable mats with six pockets each
- Multiple sticker labels
- High-quality microphones
- 3 AG13 batteries included for each button
- Pet-safe constructions for all components
- Lifetime warranty
- Effortless to hear and understand commands with a crisp, loud noise level
- Durable designs for each piece
- Easy to use and setup
- Convenient 30-second customizable commands for each button
- Suitable for all pets between 5 and 75 pounds
- A higher-priced option
- Subpar instructions
It’s hard not to get stuck into this option’s large 12-button set and high convenience level. But it’s also worth noting that every component has a durable design and easy setup. Overall, Premvida did an excellent job crafting a practical talking button kit.
However, it does come with a rather hefty price tag and subpar instructions. But I certainly feel like its benefits are more than worth those two flaws.
- DOG TALKING BUTTONS: Bond with your pet by helping your pet talk & communicate with fun and easy-to-use recordable buttons.
- 12 COLORFUL PET BUTTONS: Now you can teach your dog multiple words/phrases with our dog training kit.
- FOR PET OF ALL SIZES: Pet talking buttons are suitable for all pet sizes from 5 lbs. up to 75 lbs.
- 2 CUSTOM DOG BUTTON MATS: Each durable mat includes 6 custom pockets to hold and secure your buttons from slipping & sliding.
- HIGH-QUALITY SOUND: Each dog talking button set is supported with high-quality microphones for loud, dynamic, & crisp sound.
- RECORDING DURATION: We make sure both you and your pet can hear the recorded sound smooth & clearly with your custom recording up to 30 seconds all 12 buttons.
- BATTERIES INCLUDED: The dog buttons for communication include 3 x AG13 batteries for each cat button so that they are ready to use out of the box.
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE 30 DAYS + LIFETIME WARRANTY: Try the PawkieTalkie Talking Buttons Set with your pet today, and begin unlocking the new possibilities with your pet.
2. RIBOSY Talking Pet Soundboard
One of the most accessible choices would be RIBOSY’s Talking Pet Soundboard. After all, its 4-button set offers an effortless recording to ensure commands are simple to set up. You can also expect them to come out with a clear, crisp sound from each button’s high-quality metal speaker.
- 4-button set
- Two mats
- Built-in metal speakers
- 25 transparent stickers
- 2 AAA batteries included for each button
- Stable, durable mats and buttons
- Easy to record and playback commands
- Various available commands from stickers
- Loud, clear sound quality
- Effortless to push for dogs or children
- The stickers lose their adhesive quickly
The sound quality and easy setup do separate this option from many choices. However, these attributes aren’t the only ones it offers. Buyers will also adore its two durable customizable mats and 25 transparent command stickers.
As for its flaws, the stickers have a reputation for losing their adhesive quickly. But this issue is a small price to pay when considering its other excellent traits.
- 【 Set of 4 Buttons with 2 Mat, Easy to Use】- The switch on bottom to control "REC" "PLAY" "OFF" mode, you can change the message at any time you want, others has no OFF just REC/PLAY switch.
- 【Upgraded Metal Spraker, Softer Sping】- Built-in metal speaker and softer spring inside button, The volume of the playback is louder and clearer, easier pressing for kids or little pets.
- 【Upgraded Function for Dog Training】- It will play from the beginning even if press mid-message, it means every press get sound out, others 2 press get one sound out.
- 【Dog Button with Conmunication Board】- Record your own voice to communicate with dog/ cat/ co-workers etc.
- 【Batter Included】- Nothing is more disappointing than looking forward to using something just to see “batteries not included”, our buttons come with 8*AAA battery, Just get it and enjoy it.
3. Learning Resources Dog Buttons for Communication
Affordability is an aspect that has always piqued my interest. Who doesn’t love to save money every once in a while? But you must balance a low price with a quality set of features, or the product isn’t worth it. It’s something that Learning Resources’ Dog Buttons for Communication manage to do with its 4-piece set.
- 4-button set
- Built-in microphones for recording
- Four colors
- Buttons made with lightweight plastic
- Activity guide included
- A more affordable option
- Customizable and easy recordings up to 7 seconds
- Stylish color designs
- Usable in various other capacities (kids, cats, etc.)
- Reliable, sturdy button constructions
- AAA batteries and mats aren’t included
Affordability and customizable command recordings are this option’s main highlights. Yet, I can’t get over its stylish color scheme and lightweight plastic constructions. These qualities make this set have a bit of convenience and style than similar options.
I do have to warn people about this model not coming with AAA batteries or mats. These issues are a slight annoyance that is unavoidable when buying a bargain like this set.
- MAKE PERSONALIZED SOUNDS ON RECORDABLE BUTTONS: Make your buzzers customizable! These answer buzzers are great for making your buzzers any sound that you want - they record up to 7 seconds! BATTERIES REQUIRED: Answer Buzzers require 2 AAA batteries that are not included
- CLASSROOM TOOL OR JEOPARDY BUZZER: A perfect tool for quieter students - buzzers are loud enough to get the attention of the class. Use them as Jeopardy buzzers or buzzers for Family Feud!
- SPEECH PATHOLOGIST APPROVED: Use these recordable buttons to customize therapy sessions, and help understand words through tactile and aural learning
- You can also TEACH your pet to speak with these recordable buttons ! With the help of this set's 4 recordable speech buttons, you can help your dog communicate ideas like "Outside!," "Bedtime!," and more!
- GIVE THE GIFT OF LEARNING: Whether you’re shopping for holidays, birthdays, or just because, toys from Learning Resources help you discover new learning fun every time you give a gift! Ideal gift for Halloween, Christmas, Stocking Stuffers, Easter Basket Stuffers or even for Homeschool.
4. FluentPet Dog Communication Button Tester Kit
Anyone who considers themselves a newbie with these products must take a long look at FluentPet’s Dog Communication Button Tester Kit. This option was constructed to make a user’s life easier, from easy-to-press buttons to compact mats. It even offers room to expand your button collection with space for five additional ones on each mat.
- Starter tester Kit
- Two recordable buttons
- Two non-slip HexTiles
- Built-in high-fidelity speakers
- 67 Ideogram button stickers
- Pre-installed batteries
- Easy to press buttons
- Durable, compact mats
- Available space for adding on more buttons (each mat holds six buttons)
- High-quality sound with a proper noise level
- Suitable for both cats and dogs
- A high-priced option for a 2-button set
FluentPet did an excellent job crafting a user-friendly option for newbies and experienced dog button users. I didn’t even mention the impressive sound quality of its high-fidelity speakers. Your dog will have no issues hearing and understanding this set’s command.
However, you will have to pay handsomely for this quality. It’s one of the more expensive 2-button kits on this market. So customers will need to decide whether its impressive performance features are worth the increased cost.
- HELP YOUR DOG OR CAT LEARN WORDS: Our FluentPet Sound Button Tester Kit is a fun and simple language platform for dogs and cats. This kit helps you find out if talking sound buttons are right for your learner.
- A TEST FOR PETS: Thousands of cats and dogs have learned to “talk” with sound buttons although it is quite a challenge for some. This simple kit helps you determine if the system is right for your dog or cat.
- HOW IT WORKS: Teach your dog or cat to push buttons that play word sounds. Train them to associate the recorded words with basic concepts like Potty, Play, Outside, Food, and more.
- EASY TO USE: Our sound buttons are properly sized, don’t take too much space, and have a higher fidelity speaker. They activate at the slightest touch so that even smaller learners can use them easily.
- WITH ROOM FOR GROWTH: If your cat or dog learns word buttons easily, you won’t have to start over with a new setup. Just grow their vocabulary by adding more hextiles and word buttons.
5. ANBULLA Recordable Dog Communication Buttons
Our final option, ANBILILA’s Recordable Dog Communication Buttons, is a well-built set featuring a wide assortment of impressive features. My favorite would have to be its incredible three-mode that offers easy switching between the recording, off, and playing functions. Due to this, I can’t imagine even I would have difficulty using this set.
- 4-button set
- Special effects speakers
- Four colors
- Equipped with a three-mode switch (rec, play, and off)
- Two AAA batteries are included for each button
- Stylish, durable designs
- Compact, easy-to-carry buttons
- Excellent sound quality
- Three convenient, straightforward using modes
- Multi-purpose usage for parents
- No included mats
Of course, the three-mode switch isn’t the only notable feature within this set. I was also intrigued by its compact, durable design and excellent sound quality. Both these aspects are crucial to ensure a dog owner feels happy with their communication buttons.
The only negative would be it lacks any placement mats for its buttons. So buyers will need to purchase them separately or use ones already in possession. Otherwise, there isn’t a single notable flaw about this impressive set from ANBILILA.
- 【Recordable Sound Buttons】Record the sounds you are interested in or short reminders, press the button to play it for you, and you can change the voice record at any time.
- 【Pet Training Buttons】Record phrases such as "eat", "play", "go out", "reward", train pets, and press buttons of different colors and corresponding sounds in scenes where you need to eat, go out, play, and fight for rewards to achieve brief communication.
- 【Easy Buttons】The bottom switch has three modes: "rec", "off", and "play". In "rec" mode, you can record when you press and hold the button, and in "Play" mode, you can press the button to play, easy to use, good sound quality.
- 【Multi-purpose】The recording button can not only help you train your pet, but also be used as a parent-child interactive toy and as a language education toy for children. It can also be used as a phonograph between family, company and friends.
- 【Easy to Carry Sound Quality is Better】The size of an adult's palm, contains 2 AAA batteries, special effects speakers, and better sound quality.
How Dog Communication Buttons Work
Dog communication buttons won’t be beneficial if you don’t understand how they work. So I thought it was necessary to provide some context before looking at the selection process. Otherwise, newbies might be overwhelmed or lost by how these products can help them.
The main gist of these products is they help dogs communicate better with their owners. In other words, these buttons offer a way for dogs to understand human language. They can then use them to report back their needs to an owner.
Of course, using these devices requires extensive training for both owners and dogs. Anyone who feels a little overwhelmed should check out How to Train a Dog to Use Buttons for Communication” It’ll walk you through the entire process.
What to Consider When Buying Dog Buttons for Communication
Dog owners make the mistake of picking dog communication buttons without doing any research. It often leads to them choosing options that aren’t high-quality or don’t fit their needs. These owners become displeased or unhappy with their buying decision.
But this section will help you avoid this outcome with in-depth discussions of all the essential buying considerations. You’ll soon have no issues understanding what options best suit your dog’s needs.
Dog talking buttons will pick up significant wear and tear. Due to this, buyers must consider the construction of their chosen options. It’s the only way to ensure these products can handle regular usage without needing replacements.
In most cases, these buttons will feature washable plastic and simple electronics. But you’ll come across some choices with water-resistant capabilities. This ability can make cleaning them much easier and extends their lifespan significantly.
I’d also advise you to choose buttons with holders, such as cutouts or foam mats. These components provide stability. Otherwise, the controls would slide all over the place while your dog attempts to push them.
Noise level is often overlooked when choosing these buttons. But it’s an essential part of them being a functional training or communication tool. For instance, these devices won’t do much good if you and your dog can’t hear the sound produced by them.
As a result, I recommend using customer reviews to evaluate each option’s noise level. Your dog owners will let you know whether it’s an acceptable decibel level. Trust me; if there’s an issue, these reviews will clarify it.
Simplicity and Style
Dog communication button kits come in various configurations. Manufacturers will simplify some kits to suit people with experience using these devices. Due to this, buyers get more control over how they want to use them.
But if you’re a newbie, I’d suggest going with an option with detailed written guides for training and usage. It’ll help keep the entire process more streamlined and easy. Otherwise, this experience could soon become quite overwhelming.
Another thing to consider is the design of these buttons. Most buyers will gravitate toward stylish options with flashy color schemes. But it’s a mistake because dogs may get confused when using them, especially if you switch their placements. After all, dogs have shown a better ability to remember placement than color.
Dog communication buttons are available at a large assortment of price tags. So buyers will need to construct budgets based on their specific needs. It’s a necessary tool to help deal with the vast amount of cost variation.
For instance, a person looking for a 12-button set will need to spend more than someone who only needs two buttons. Their budget should reflect the price increase to ensure it remains realistic and valuable. It can then help reduce the choices to a manageable number that doesn’t make a buyer want to put out all their hair.
If you’re looking for a more extensive dog communication set, I’d recommend the Premvida Dog Training Buttons for Communication. This 12-button kit has everything to provide your dog with all the commands they could ever need.
But anyone who’s a beginner would be better off with FluentPet Dog Communication Button Tester Kit. It’s an excellent training kit to see whether these buttons are the best route for you and your dog.
Have you tried to use any of these dog buttons for communication? Share your experiences below!