Are german shepherds easily trained?
#7 German Shepherds are obedient and easy to trainGerman Shepherds are obedient, making them easier to train compared to other dog breeds. Not only do German Shepherd perform well in task training, obedience training wouldn't be any problem for them as well. They will listen and obey to your commands.
House training your puppy is about consistency, patience, and positive reinforcement.
The goal is to instill good habits and build a loving bond with your pet.
It typically takes 4-6 months for a puppy to be fully house trained, but some puppies may take up to a year.
4-6 monthsIt typically takes 4-6 months for a puppy to be fully house trained, but some puppies may take up to a year. Size can be a predictor. For instance, smaller breeds have smaller bladders and higher metabolisms and require more frequent trips outside.
A German Shepherd puppy bought from a respected breeder will usually cost between $300 and $900 (or more), depending on whether she is a normal German Shepherd, show-dog or a working dog.
Adult German Shepherds who are proven show dogs or work dogs cost $6,000 to $7,000 or more.
- Choose a tug toy appropriate for your puppy's age.
- Make the toy as interesting as possible by moving it around with quick movements.
- Let your pup grab one end of the toy and pull.
- Allow your pup to pull for a few seconds and then reveal a treat.
- As soon as your pup drops her end of the toy click and reward.