Are miniature schnauzers intelligent?
Miniature Schnauzers have a lot of energy, are fast, and because they are a terrier breed, they can be pretty determined when it comes to backyard games like tug-of-war.
As very smart dogs, they tend to excel in obedience training classes.
Slightly larger than the Toy Poodle, the Miniature Poodle stands at about 15 inches tall and should weigh in somewhere between 12–20 pounds.
Miniature Poodles are extremely smart, adaptable and easy to train, so it's no surprise that they were once very popular circus dogs.
These are the smartest dog breeds, according to Coren:
- 1 Border Collie. Getty Images.
- 2 Poodle. Getty Images.
- 3 German Shepherd. Getty Images.
- 4 Golden Retriever. Getty Images.
- 5 Doberman Pinscher. Getty Images.
- 6 Shetland Sheepdog. Getty Images.
- 7 Labrador Retriever. Getty Images.
- 8 Papillon. Getty Images.
Here is a list of the top 10 least intelligent dog breeds:
- Basset Hound. At the top of the list is the Basset Hound.
- Beagle. Another breed of dog that has been proven very challenging to train is the Beagle.
- Borzoi (Russian Wolfhound)
- Chow Chow.
The top coat is wiry.
Since the undercoat catches the loose hair, he hardly sheds at all.
Because of this, many people think he's a perfect house dog, especially those who suffer from asthma.
Miniature Schnauzers should be groomed every five to eight weeks to keep them looking their best.