Video answer: 4.5 month old german shorthaired pointer making friends
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «Can a chihuahua and a german longhaired pointer be friends?» often ask the following questions:
🐶 Itchy german longhaired pointer?
Lupoid dermatosis (exfoliative cutaneous lupus erythematosus) is a serious degenerative disease that is only seen in German Shorthaired Pointers… It quickly spreads to the rest of the body and the condition seems to be quite itchy. In addition, the joints are swollen and sore.
- Are german longhaired pointer noisy?
- Do german longhaired pointer shed?
- German longhaired pointer shedding a lot?
🐶 Are german longhaired pointer aggressive?
German Longhaired Pointer TemperamentGenerally, the German Longhaired Pointer is friendly, gentle and smart, but when not properly socialized, he can become shy or even aggressive. He loves his family and quickly forms a strong bond.
- Is a german longhaired pointer hypoallergenic?
- Is there a german longhaired pointer?
- Can a german longhaired pointer and a beagle be friends?
🐶 Are german longhaired pointer hypoallergenic?
The German Longhaired Pointer is not a hypoallergenic dog and does not drool or have a strong dog smell. He does not require many baths, usually two to three a year. Trim his nails as needed, generally every couple of weeks.
- Can a chihuahua and a german shorthaired pointer be friends?
- Do german longhaired pointer bark a lot?
- Do german longhaired pointer like to cuddle?
Video answer: Dogs 101
10 other answers
The German Shorthaired Pointer Shiba Inu Mix, is a mixed breed dog resulting from breeding the German Shorthaired Pointer and the Shiba Inu. Both of these dogs …
First, the German Shorthair sheds.. More than that, he sheds dark and light hair, so it will show up on your clothes and furniture, no matter what color they are.. The …
The Chihuahua German Longhaired Pointer Mix, is a mixed breed dog resulting from breeding the Chihuahua and the German Longhaired Pointer. Both of these …
Quick Summary Below are a few quick comparisons between the two breeds. Owner Experience - Both breeds are good choices for new or inexperienced owners, but the …
German Longhaired Pointer is originated from Germany but Chihuahua is originated from Mexico. German Longhaired Pointer may grow 47 cm / 19 inches higher …
Do German Longhaired Pointer Dogs Get Along with Other Dogs? Looking to own a German Longhaired Pointer and want to know if German Longhaired Pointer …
Long Haired Chihuahua is originated from Mexico but German Shorthaired Pointer is originated from Germany. Long Haired Chihuahua may grow 40 cm / 15 inches …
Thinking to get a German Longhaired Pointer puppy and want to know whether a German Longhaired Pointer can be a good watch dog or if German Longhaired …
Deer Head Chihuahuas also tend to have longer limbs than their apple-headed friends. This adds to the deer-like look. The good thing about having a Deer Head …
Check out these ten things that only GSP owners will understand. 1. Your striking dog can do it all. He has boundless energy and can keep going and going. Sometimes …
We've handpicked 29 related questions for you, similar to «Can a chihuahua and a german longhaired pointer be friends?» so you can surely find the answer!Does the german longhaired pointer bite hard?
Thanks to the German Longhaired Pointer's strong jaw, the breed has a scissor bite, with their lower teeth being perfectly overlapped by their upper teeth… The hindquarters of the German Longhaired Pointer are quite powerful, owing in no small part to their strong, straight back legs and a long slightly sloped croup.Does the german longhaired pointer grow big?
They are muscular dogs with a strong form. German Longhaired Pointers are a medium to large breed, reaching an adult weight of 27 to 30kg. Males tend to be taller with a height range of 60 to 70cm, while females are usually 58 to 66cm at the withers.How do you groom german longhaired pointer?
The dense, wiry coat of the German Wirehaired Pointer requires minimal grooming. It should remain clean with regular brushing. The coat sheds lightly year-round. Bathe him only as needed.How intelligent is a german longhaired pointer?
Pointers are an intelligent dog breed. They are very receptive to obedience training and have natural instincts to point and assist in hunting. Pointers don't demonstrate general intelligence but excel in obedience related intelligence.How much is a german longhaired pointer?
The price tag on your German Longhaired Pointer is going to be a little steep but well worth it for an animal lover. You can get a puppy of this breed from a respected high-end breeder for between $800 and $1,800.
Video answer: German shorthaired pointer with children and…Is the german longhaired pointer considered aggressive?
The German Longhaired Pointer is a friendly and intelligent breed who can be prone to separation anxiety. He is a typical German pointer breed and does have webbed feet. If not properly trained, he can become aggressive, especially with food.Should i get a german longhaired pointer?
Generally docile and affectionate, German Longhaired Pointers make excellent family dogs, no matter the age of children. However, when they get too excited, they can accidentally knock down a smaller child. German Longhaired Pointers generally get along with other dogs as well.
Video answer: 5 best things about german shorthaired pointersCan a english setter and a german longhaired pointer be friends?
The English Setter German Longhaired Pointer Mix, is a mixed breed dog resulting from breeding the English Setter and the German Longhaired Pointer. Both of these dogs can be friendly but personalities differ, so you never know.Can a german longhaired pointer and a koyun dog be friends?
What kind of dog is a German Longhaired Pointer?
- The German Longhaired Pointer is one the oldest of the versatile gun dog breeds. The German Longhair is actually a breed from the Pointing Spaniel group, descending from French and Spanish Spaniels.
The German Wirehaired Pointer Lancashire Heeler Mix, is a mixed breed dog resulting from breeding the German Wirehaired Pointer and the Lancashire Heeler. Both of these dogs can be friendly but personalities differ, so you never know. The German Wirehaired Pointer is known for being friendly, intelligent, and loyal.
Video answer: Are german shorthaired pointer good guard…Can a ratonero mallorquin and a german longhaired pointer be friends?
What is a German Shorthaired Pointer?
- The dog is closely associated with the German shorthaired pointer and the German wirehaired pointer. As the name suggests the breed was developed in Germany in the late 19th century. The breed is foundation of many other German breeds’ dog. It is also the oldest breed among the German shorthaired pointer and the German wirehaired pointer.
Pointers can eat bananas but not banana peels. Bananas are a good source of potassium and various vitamins for your pointer. Too much of this fruit can cause health issues like obesity along with other problems.Are german longhaired pointer the most intelligent dogs?
The pointer is not known for its ability to learn any task you can think of. They are marked as really intelligent dogs by how well they can perform a certain set of skills....General vs. Specific Intelligence in Pointers.
|Most Intelligent Dog Breeds List||Rank|
|German Shorthaired Pointer||17th|
|English Pointing Dog||43rd|
The German Longhaired Pointer is a multipurpose hunting dog breed that Germans started selectively breeding for their versatility and athleticism. Today, the German Longhaired Pointer, or GLP, is a gentle, loyal breed. Some fans of the breed refer to them simply as GLP.Can a german longhaired pointer live in guinea?
The German Longhaired Pointer comes from spaniels and pointers. He is considered to be one of the oldest longhaired pointers that is also a versatile breed and is also one of only a few that does not allow the dog to be solid black or black and white.Can a german longhaired pointer live in mongolia?
The German Longhaired Pointer is actually a point spaniel as are most of the longhaired pointing breeds. The German Longhaired Pointer is one the oldest of the versatile gun dog breeds.Can a german longhaired pointer live in spain?
Today, the German Longhaired Pointer, or GLP, is a gentle, loyal breed. Some fans of the breed refer to them simply as GLP. In their native country, they're called Deutsch-Langhaar, or the German Longhair. Although these are purebred dogs, you may still find them in shelters and rescues.Do german longhaired pointer dogs shed a lot?
- Average: The German Longhaired Pointer requires average grooming effort. Cutting the dog's hair by a professional groomer isn't essential. Brushing the dog's coat is useful to reduce shedding.
Video answer: German shorthaired pointer pros and consDoes the german longhaired pointer have canine distemper?
German Longhaired Pointers are susceptible to bacterial and viral infections — the same ones that all dogs can get — such as parvo, rabies, and distemper.Does the german longhaired pointer like to swim?
With his webbed feet and water-resistant coat, he's a great water dog and loves to swim. If you have a pool, expect him to be in it with you. GSPs like to please their people and will work hard for them, especially if they're rewarded with praise, play, or food.How long does a german longhaired pointer live?
- German Longhaired Pointers are a medium-large breed and may have a lifespan ranging from 12 to 14 years. What you feed your dog is an individual choice, but working with your veterinarian and/or breeder will be the best way to determine frequency of meals as a puppy and the best adult diet to increase his longevity.
- Many dog food companies have breed-specific formulas for small, medium, large and extra-large breeds. German Longhaired Pointers are a medium-large breed and may have a lifespan ranging from 12 to 14 years.
- The ideal height of the dog is 60 – 70 cm while the female being slightly shorter in height and ranges from 58 – 66 cm. The weight of the breed lies between 27 – 30 kg. The coat of the dog is of medium length.
- HealthThe German Longhaired Pointer has no known genetic diseases and are said to be a generally healthy breed. Some are prone to ear infections and hip dysplasia and they should get regular check-ups with their veterinarian. Suitability as a PetThe high-spirited German Longhaired Pointer loves to play and can get along with well-behaved children.
What does the German Longhaired Pointer club do?
- This is the breed club for German Longhaired Pointers. The club objectives are to promote and maintain the German Longhaired Pointer as a working gun dog. To this end we organise and run field trials, practical training days, a working test, occasional seminars and a show.