Does chocolate actually kill dogs?

Best answers

In large enough amounts, chocolate and cocoa products can kill your dog.

The toxic component of chocolate is theobromine.

Humans easily metabolize theobromine, but dogs process it much more slowly, allowing it to build up to toxic levels in their system.

FAQ
βœ”οΈ

Theobromine is a bitter alkaloid of the cocoa plant found in chocolate.

Although harmless to humans, it can cause vomiting, diarrhoea, convulsions and even death in animals that digest theobromine slowly, such as dogs.

The lethal dosage is between 250 and 500mg per kg of body weight.

βœ”οΈ

The toxic component of chocolate is theobromine.

Humans easily metabolize theobromine, but dogs process it much more slowly, allowing it to build up to toxic levels in their system.

A small amount of chocolate will probably only give your dog an upset stomach with vomiting or diarrhea.

βœ”οΈ

In large enough amounts, chocolate and cocoa products can kill your dog.

The toxic component of chocolate is theobromine.

Humans easily metabolize theobromine, but dogs process it much more slowly, allowing it to build up to toxic levels in their system.

βœ”οΈ

In large enough amounts, chocolate and cocoa products can kill your dog.

The toxic component of chocolate is theobromine.

Humans easily metabolize theobromine, but dogs process it much more slowly, allowing it to build up to toxic levels in their system.

βœ”οΈ

Shouldn't. Both ice cream (lactose) and chocolate are not good foods for dogs.

chocolate contain theobromine which may cause the dog to vomit and make them thirsty.

So chocolate ice creams are a big no no.

βœ”οΈ
In large enough amounts, chocolate and cocoa products can kill your dog. Why not chocolate? The toxic component of chocolate is theobromine… A small amount of chocolate will probably only give your dog an upset stomach with vomiting or diarrhea.
βœ”οΈ

The toxic component of chocolate is theobromine.

Humans easily metabolize theobromine, but dogs process it much more slowly, allowing it to build up to toxic levels in their system.

A small amount of chocolate will probably only give your dog an upset stomach with vomiting or diarrhea.

50 similar questions