How can i add more protein to my dogs diet?
Ways to Improve Your Dog's Kibble
- Add digestive enzymes.
- Add raw or lightly steamed vegetables.
- Add raw or lightly cooked meat or eggs.
- Add some oils for essential fatty acids.
- Add cottage cheese, yogurt or canned fish.
- Feed raw, meaty parts of chicken or turkey.
Many believe it's instinctual behavior, harkening back to the days when your dog's wild ancestors would mask their scent to help them sneak up on their prey.
Wolves, for example, have been observed rolling in animal carcasses or the droppings of plant-eating animals, to cover up their own smell during the hunt.
Safe: Some Vegetables.
Your dog can have a healthy snack of carrot sticks, green beans, cucumber slices, or zucchini slices.
Even a plain baked potato is OK.
Don't let your dog eat any raw potatoes or any potato plants from your pantry or garden.