How can i get my dog to stop barking?
When he stops barking to sniff the treat, praise him and give him the treat.
Repeat until he starts barking as soon as you say "speak." Once your dog can reliably bark on command, teach him the "quiet" command.
In a calm environment with no distractions, tell him to "speak."
- Say ‘speak,’ then do something that will cause your dog to bark, such as knocking on the door. After he barks a few times, hold a treat in front of his nose and reward him with the treat when he stops barking to sniff it. Once your dog learns to consistently bark when you say ‘speak,’ give him the ‘quiet’ command to stop barking.
Ignore the barking
- When you put your dog in their crate or in a gated room, turn your back and ignore them.
- Once they stop barking, turn around, praise them and give a treat.
- As they catch on that being quiet gets them a treat, lengthen the amount of time they must remain quiet before being rewarded.
Teach what to chew
- Take responsibility for your own belongings…
- Give your dog toys that are clearly distinguishable from household goods…
- Supervise your dog until they learn the house rules…
- Give your dog plenty of people-time…
- Give your dog plenty of physical and mental exercise…
- Build a toy obsession in your dog.
We've handpicked 20 related questions for you, similar to «How can i get my dog to stop barking?» so you can surely find the answer!