How can i train my dog to come when called?
How to train your dog to come when called
- You need an incentive to encourage your dog to come back - a really tasty treat or a fun game with a toy…
- Run away a couple of paces then call your dog¿ ...
- As your dog comes to you, gently hold their collar and either feed them the treat or let them play with the toy.
How long do I wait before taking my puppy outside? Vets recommend waiting until 10-14 days after your puppy's last vaccination booster – usually at around 14–16 weeks of age – before introducing them to the wonders of local parks, beaches and walking trails.
Establish a routine
- Take your puppy outside frequently—at least every two hours—and immediately after they wake up, during and after playing, and after eating or drinking.
- Pick a bathroom spot outside, and always take your puppy (on a leash) to that spot…
- Reward your puppy every time they eliminate outdoors.
When you start to house train, follow these steps:
- Keep the puppy on a regular feeding schedule and take away his food between meals.
- Take puppy out to eliminate first thing in the morning and then once every 30 minutes to an hour.
- Take puppy to the same spot each time to do his business.
Young puppies have short attention spans but you can expect them to begin to learn simple obedience commands such as "sit," "down," and "stay," as young as 7 to 8 weeks of age.
Formal dog training has traditionally been delayed until 6 months of age.
Actually, this juvenile stage is a very poor time to start.