How can you get your dog to stop barking?
Once your dog can reliably bark on command, teach him the "quiet" command.
In a calm environment with no distractions, tell him to "speak." When he starts barking, say "quiet" and stick a treat in front of his nose.
Praise him for being quiet and give him the treat.
Ignore the barking
- When you put your dog in their crate or in a gated room, turn your back and ignore them.
- Once they stop barking, turn around, praise them and give a treat.
- As they catch on that being quiet gets them a treat, lengthen the amount of time they must remain quiet before being rewarded.
Teach what to chew
- Take responsibility for your own belongings…
- Give your dog toys that are clearly distinguishable from household goods…
- Supervise your dog until they learn the house rules…
- Give your dog plenty of people-time…
- Give your dog plenty of physical and mental exercise…
- Build a toy obsession in your dog.
We've handpicked 25 related questions for you, similar to «How can you get your dog to stop barking?» so you can surely find the answer!