How long does a dog take to recover from spaying?
According to this report, the total first-year cost of owning a dog is $1,270 and for a cat it's $1,070.
As you can see, having a pet can cost you over $1,000 in the first year, and well over $500 each additional year.
Depending on the food you buy and sudden medical expenses, the costs could be much higher.
Teach what to chew
- Take responsibility for your own belongings…
- Give your dog toys that are clearly distinguishable from household goods…
- Supervise your dog until they learn the house rules…
- Give your dog plenty of people-time…
- Give your dog plenty of physical and mental exercise…
- Build a toy obsession in your dog.
Puppies under six months of age shouldn't stay in a crate for more than three or four hours at a time.
They can't control their bladders and bowels for that long.
The same goes for adult dogs being housetrained.
Physically, an older dog can hold it, but they don't know they're supposed to.
Dogs also lick because they like the taste of an owner's salty skin and out of habit.
Mostly, with domestic Dogs, it's a sign of affection.
Licking releases pleasurable endorphins which gives Dogs a feeling of comfort and pleasure — like the feeling people get when they are biting their nails — it relieves stress.
What to do
- Walk your dog at least twice daily…
- Play with them using active toys (balls, flying disks) as often as possible.
- Teach your dog a few commands or tricks…
- Take a training class with your dog and practice what you learn daily.
- Keep interesting toys in the yard to keep your dog busy when you're not around.