How many raisins does it take to kill a dog?

Best answers

The minimum toxic dose is approximately1 grape per pound of body weight.

Raisins, having lost their water content are considered more toxic at 6 raisins per kg of body weight, or 2-3 raisins per pound of body weight.

Think how many raisins are in ONE small snack pack of raisins ? maybe enough to kill your dog.

FAQ
βœ”οΈ

The minimum toxic dose is approximately1 grape per pound of body weight.

Raisins, having lost their water content are considered more toxic at 6 raisins per kg of body weight, or 2-3 raisins per pound of body weight.

Think how many raisins are in ONE small snack pack of raisins ? maybe enough to kill your dog.

βœ”οΈ

The minimum toxic dose is approximately1 grape per pound of body weight.

Raisins, having lost their water content are considered more toxic at 6 raisins per kg of body weight, or 2-3 raisins per pound of body weight.

Think how many raisins are in ONE small snack pack of raisins ? maybe enough to kill your dog.

βœ”οΈ

The minimum toxic dose is approximately1 grape per pound of body weight.

Raisins, having lost their water content are considered more toxic at 6 raisins per kg of body weight, or 2-3 raisins per pound of body weight.

Think how many raisins are in ONE small snack pack of raisins ? maybe enough to kill your dog.

βœ”οΈ

Grapes and raisins can cause rapid kidney failure.

While it varies between dogs, symptoms may not show up in them.

Other than kidney failure, dogs can also develop vomiting or diarrhea as well as a lethargic state.

Dogs will also develop dehydration and lack of appetite.

βœ”οΈ

Grapes and raisins can cause rapid kidney failure.

While it varies between dogs, symptoms may not show up in them.

Other than kidney failure, dogs can also develop vomiting or diarrhea as well as a lethargic state.

dogs will also develop dehydration and lack of appetite.

βœ”οΈ

Grapes and Raisins.

Grapes and raisins can be extremely toxic to dogs.

They can cause rapid kidney failure, which can ultimately be fatal (12).

The toxic compounds in grapes are still unknown, but even small amounts can make your dog sick.

βœ”οΈ
Your suspicion that just one raisin or grape will not kill a dog is correct. Even a little dog can get away with it. But why court danger? A small amount of either fruit (raisins are dried grapes) can prove deadly by leading to sudden kidney failure and the inability to produce urine.
50 similar questions