How old can a female dog breed?
Figuring Out Your Dog's Breed
- Browse Breeds. If you want to try to take a guess at your dog's breed yourself, try to browse some breeds to figure it out…
- Ask Your Vet. As you probably already know, your veterinarian is a doggy expert! ...
- Doggy DNA Tests. If you want to know your dog's exact genetic makeup, there are tests for that! ...
- Fetch! App.
Small breeds tend to mature faster than large breeds.
On average, however, males become fertile after six months of age and reach full sexual maturity by 12 to 15 months.
Healthy stud dogs may remain sexually active and fertile to old age.
Adult males are able to mate at any time.
Of the hundreds of dog breeds around the world, here are nine of the largest.
- Great Dane. On average, Great Danes stand around 28-30 inches tall. (
- Neapolitan mastiff.
- Scottish Deerhound.
- Dogue de Bordeaux.
- English mastiff.
- Saint Bernard.
Here are some ways to determine what breed (or combination of breeds) your dog is.
- Browse Breeds. If you want to try to take a guess at your dog's breed yourself, try to browse some breeds to figure it out.
- Ask Your Vet. As you probably already know, your veterinarian is a doggy expert!
- Doggy DNA Tests.
Most dogs come into heat twice per year, or about every six months, although the interval can vary between breeds and from dog to dog.
Small breed dogs may cycle three times per year, while giant breed dogs may only cycle once every 12 months.