How To Make Perfect Air Fryer Dog Treats + Recipe!
If you’re anything like us, you love your air fryer – it makes delicious food so easily! Did you know you can make dog treats in an air fryer? They make a yummy and healthy dog treat your pup will enjoy. We decided to put together a foolproof recipe for the perfect air fryer dog...
If you’re anything like us, you love your air fryer – it makes delicious food so easily! Did you know you can make dog treats in an air fryer? They make a yummy and healthy dog treat your pup will enjoy.
We decided to put together a foolproof recipe for the perfect air fryer dog treats so you can give your dog a fun, unique dog treat.
Tired of store-bought dog treats that smell like cardboard, and probably don’t taste much better? An air fryer is the perfect gadget for whipping up some homemade goodies your pup will love.
It’s quick and simple, so you can have those fresh and tasty dog treats in a jiffy — and trust us, your furry friend will thank you for it! In fact, they might even give you a big ol’ slobbery kiss!
In just minutes you can have fresh and tasty dog biscuits that are healthier than anything you’ll find in a store. So why not give it a try? Your dog will be so thankful!
Don’t have an air fryer yet? The Ninja Air Fryer XL is a great option!
Ninja Air Fryer XL
With the 5.5 qt. nonstick basket and crisper plate, you can save time by cooking up to 3 lbs. of French fries or wings with ease.
Includes 5 versatile cooking programs: Air Fry, Air Roast, Bake, Reheat, and Dehydrate.
Can Dog Treats Be Made In An Air Fryer?
Paws-itively yes! You can make dog treats with an air fryer! While there are various ways to cook up tasty morsels for your favorite pup, an air fryer is definitely a great option.
Why use an air fryer? Because it’s easy!
All you need to do is combine the ingredients, place the dog treats in the air fryer, and in minutes you’ll have hot and fresh treats your pup will love.
What Are The Benefits Of Using An Air Fryer To Make Homemade Dog Treats?
Although there can be many reasons why an air fryer is a great choice for making dog treats, the time it saves is definitely at the top of the list. You can make a batch of 6-7 dog treats in 4-5 minutes as opposed to triple that in the oven, not counting warm up time. Now, considering you have to do these in batches, it kind of balances out, but I love these for summer when it’s way too hot to kick on the oven.
An air fryer also allows you to choose various levels of firmness with your dog treat, but doing that with the oven is a bit more difficult to avoid overcooking. Need a softer dog treat because your dog has bad teeth? Cook it for 4-5 minutes. Want a crunchier treat for your fur baby? Add a minute or two of cooking time.
What Are Some Healthy Homemade Dog Treat Recipes?
Homemade dog treats don’t have to be complicated. In fact, simple and easy recipes are the best because you can whip them up in an air fryer in just minutes.
If you’re looking for a simple recipe to start with, try these peanut butter dog treats! Not only are they delicious but easy to make so you can enjoy spending time with your pup.
What Kind Of Peanut Butter Can You Use For Dog Treats?
The best peanut butter to use for dog treats is one that is all-natural and contains no salt or sugar. In addition, make sure the peanut butter has no xylitol in the ingredients list. Xylitol is a toxic ingredient for dogs!
We really like Adams Peanut Butter as it’s free from many additives that others put in their peanut butter.
How To Make Perfect Air Fryer Dog Treats + Recipe!Course: Health, Lifestyle, recipes
There’s nothing like a crispy, golden air fryer dog treat to satisfy your pup’s sweet tooth! Here are step-by-step instructions on how to make the perfect air fryer dog treats!
1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
⅓ Cup Peanut Butter
2 ¾ Cup Flour
- Add the pumpkin puree, peanut butter, and eggs to a large mixing bowl and mix until fully combined.
- Add in 1 cup of flour and mix until combined. Add in another cup of the flour and mix until a doughy mixture forms.
- Knead the dough by hand and add the remaining flour as needed, until the dough reaches a soft, but not sticky or crumbly consistency.
- Lay out a large piece of parchment paper and sprinkle lightly with flour before dumping the dough onto the prepared surface.
- Roll out with a rolling pin to about ¼-inch thickness.
- Cut out as many cookies as you can with your cookie cutter (I used the bone) and set aside on a cookie sheet or similar dish.
- Line the bottom of your air fryer with parchment paper and place as many treats as you can, in the bottom, without them touching. I was able to fit 6-7 at a time in my particular air fryer.
- Cook on 370 degrees for 4-5 Minutes or until just lightly browned on the top. Remove and let cool for a few minutes before feeding to your dog!
- Repeat until all treats are done. Store in an airtight container away from moisture and heat.
- You can use all purpose flour or wheat flour. Both are safe for dogs, especially since they’re being cooked.
- It’s important that you only use natural peanut butter with no added sugar and zero xylitol. Xylitol is toxic to your furry friend and added sugar can mess with their blood sugar.
- If your air fryer doesn’t let you set it to 370, use 365 instead. If it also doesn’t have that setting, use the next closest, as long as that option isn’t very far over the suggested temperature.
- Each air fryer is shaped differently and can hold varying amounts. My air fryer is 4 quarts, but due to its shape, it’s great for holding 6-7 of these treats at a time. If your air fryer doesn’t hold that many, that’s perfectly ok, just add as many as it will hold.
- If cooking only a couple at a time in a larger air fryer, the treats will want to curl. I’m not sure why this is, but they still taste great for your doggie, they just look a little strange.
- You can make a smaller batch of these dog treats, just cut the recipe in half.
- Be sure to not have extra parchment paper that goes up the walls of your air fryer. You want it to lay firm and flat in the bottom or it will have a potential to get caught and the corner fall over the treats.
- If you need softer treats, keep the cook time as listed. If you want a crunchy treat, increase your cook time by three minutes or until the treat has reached the right consistency. Be careful to not burn the treat.
Any Other Tasty Treats You Can Make In An Air Fryer?
Just about any pet treat you cook in the oven can be made in the air fryer. It may take some trial and error to get it just right, but treats such as sweet potato chews, chicken jerky, and other biscuit recipes are perfect for your dog.
What Are The Best Ingredients For Healthy Homemade Dog Treats?
As mentioned above, simple recipes that use easy-to-find ingredients are best. You want a recipe your pup will love but also one you can make without a lot of fuss. Some of the more popular ingredients are whole wheat flour, pumpkin puree, dog-safe peanut butter, various veggies, various fruits, coconut oil, bone broth, etc.
This is why these peanut butter dog treats are a great choice. All you need to make these tasty air fryer dog traits is peanut butter (NO xylitol), pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling!), eggs, and flour.
How To Store Air Fryer Dog Treats Recipe
Once your pup has enjoyed their delicious homemade dog treats, make sure you store them properly. If kept in a sealed bag or container and stored away from heat and moisture, these treats should last for around 1 week.
Thanks for checking out our peanut butter dog treats! We’re confident you now have the best dog treats recipe to make your pup some delicious and healthy snacks!