Online Puppy Training – 5 Easy Tips!
Online puppy training – will this work for me? Trying to get a handle on potty training or figuring out how to get your dog not to jump on everyone who walks through the door? Biting? Nipping? Don’t worry, we got you covered. Our online puppy training is for you if you answered “yes” to ... Read more The post Online Puppy Training – 5 Easy Tips! appeared first on Off Leash K9 Training of London.
Online puppy training – will this work for me? Trying to get a handle on potty training or figuring out how to get your dog not to jump on everyone who walks through the door? Biting? Nipping? Don’t worry, we got you covered.
Our online puppy training is for you if you answered “yes” to any of these questions. Wouldn’t it be nice to have a well mannered dog who fits into your lifestyle?
The COVID-19 brought changes everywhere, including the world of dog training! During this time, Off Leash K9 Training London remained flexible and adjusted to customer needs and requests. We decided to offer online puppy training to our packages based on client feedback.
The private session with a professional trainer is conducted via a Zoom call. No need to worry about traffic, parking, public transport or any of the other distractions – you do not have to step foot outside your house!
Each session is roughly 45-60 minutes in length. General topics are listed below and we can discuss any other question you pose.
If your puppy is showing signs of separation anxiety we can help with that too! Contact us for helpful information you can implement immediately.
Benefits of Online Puppy Training:
- No more waiting for your dog to have all his/her shots before training starts! You can start immediately.
- Global pandemic, bad traffic, bad weather, transportation problems? No problem – the training is from the comfort of your home.
- Variety of Topics Covered:
- Potty Training
- Crate Training
- How to stop potential behavioural issues early
- Creating a good structure at home
- Spotting separation anxiety
- Preparing your dog for obedience training
- Any other specific needs/concerns you may have
5 Easy Tips To Train Your Puppy:
- Create Boundaries
- You wouldn’t let you kid get away with anything/everything. Same goes for your dog. Create boundaries to help your puppy understand what is good and what is not.
- Consistency is key
- We do not expect you to be perfect – nor does your dog. Keeping a good structure and following through with it day after day will build the results you want. It’s like going to the gym – if you keep showing up and putting in the work, you will see results.
- Everyone is on the same page
- Similar to #2 above – you have to have everyone on the same page. Your dog will look for the weak link and try to get away with what he/she wants. Stick to the plan and don’t be the weak link!
- Reward the good behaviour, not the bad
- Encourage good behaviour (pottying outside, not jumping on guests, etc). Do not reward bad behaviour or try to distract bad behaviour with treats. Rewarding bad behaviour with treats or affection will only encourage those behaviours in dogs and lead to more problems as they get older.
- Your puppy becomes part of your lifestyle
- Simply put, they are part of your pack. Mold their life around yours, not your life around theirs for a much more peaceful life.
Click here to schedule your session today! To see before and after videos of dogs we trained in our Board and Train program, please visit our YouTube page. Subscribe to our page for free dog videos, tips, and tricks!
Questions? We Got Answers:
Contact us with questions. We can address puppy training and discuss next steps for formal obedience training, which includes our Board and Train programs or lesson programs. If you have an aggressive or reactive dog, we have specific programs for those needs.
Phone: 020 3890 3400
Email: [email protected]
Social Media: @OLK9London
YouTube: Subscribe Now