What can you do for a dog's broken toenail?
Tips for Treating Your Dog's Broken Nail — Please Consult Your Vet First
- Carefully remove the remaining piece of nail.
- Stop the bleeding.
- Clean the wound and disinfect the toe to prevent infection.
- Bandage the paw.
- Change the bandage every day and keep the area clean.
- Chicken and Rice. Chicken and rice are prime ingredients in many dog foods, and these mild foods sit well on upset canine stomachs…
- Shredded Chicken. Shredded chicken is easy on upset stomachs and acts as a huge eating incentive for dogs with decreased appetites…
- Bone Broth…
- Baby Food.
Can My Dog Eat This?
A List of Human Foods Dogs Can and Can't Eat
- Carrots: Can Eat. Both raw and cooked carrots are safe for your dog to eat.
- Grapes and Raisins: Can't Eat.
- Salt: Limit.
- Peanut Butter: Can Eat.
- Eggs: Can Eat.
- Salmon: Can Eat.
- Chocolate: Can't Eat.
- Cheese: Limit.
Many believe it's instinctual behavior, harkening back to the days when your dog's wild ancestors would mask their scent to help them sneak up on their prey.
Wolves, for example, have been observed rolling in animal carcasses or the droppings of plant-eating animals, to cover up their own smell during the hunt.