Why do yorkies stop eating?
Hot weather often causes a loss of appetite in Yorkies.
They consume less food than they normally have or even skip day meals.
Keep your dog in a cool ambiance and let him drink more fluids than eating solid food.
The decrease in the activity level too could be a reason for your Yorkie refusing to eat.
Stop Your Dog's Territorial Marking Inside
- Spay or Neuter your dog.
- Vet check to rule out sickness.
- 3. Make sure he's getting enough potty breaks.
- If he is marking in just one spot repeatedly: Soak the area with pet urine enzyme cleaner and let it fully dry.
- If he is marking in multiple spots inside: Get a bandana and put some of his urine on it.
Perhaps the best way to stop the problem is through training and environmental management methods, including:
- Keep the dog's living area clean, including the yard, so there will be no poops for him to pick up.
- Cat owners should keep that litter box clean or out of the dog's reach.
Help your dog stop crying when left alone
- Set a reliable daily ROUTINE.
- Give regular DAILY exercise.
- Leave the TV or radio on when you leave.
- Give him a "food puzzle" toy.
- Desensitize him to your leaving.
- Don't make a big deal about leaving.
- Don't make a big deal when you come home.
- Crate train.
Ignore the barking
- When you put your dog in his crate or in a gated room, turn your back and ignore him.
- Once he stops barking, turn around, praise him, and give him a treat.
- As he catches on that being quiet gets him a treat, lengthen the amount of time he must remain quiet before being rewarded.
Do-it-yourself suggestions to help you stop your dog from eating his own poop include:
- Coat stools with hot sauce or lemon juice. Add a few tablespoons of canned pumpkin to his food bowl each day.
- Add meat tenderizer to your dog's food (it will make the dog waste taste VERY bad).
- Keep waste picked up on a regular basis.
Ignore the barking
- When you put your dog in their crate or in a gated room, turn your back and ignore them.
- Once they stop barking, turn around, praise them and give a treat.
- As they catch on that being quiet gets them a treat, lengthen the amount of time they must remain quiet before being rewarded.
When you play with your puppy, let him mouth on your hands.
Continue play until he bites especially hard.
When he does, immediately give a high-pitched yelp, as if you're hurt, and let your hand go limp.
This should startle your puppy and cause him to stop mouthing you, at least momentarily.