Why does my puppy farts smell so bad?

Best answers

Diet is one of the leading causes of dog farts, according to veterinarians.

Certain food groups, such as indigestible carbohydrates, lead to gas, and foods and treats that have a high meat content can create truly foul-smelling farts.

Another common dietary cause of flatulence in dogs is table scraps.

FAQ
✔️

Signs a Dog Smells Their Own Fart.

Dogs have a hugely sensitive sense of smell, and just as we found some gaseous emissions repulsive, so can dogs.

A sensitive dog may even get up and walk away from the bad smell, which is positive proof that dogs can detect the sulfurous odor of flatulence.

✔️

The flatulence associated with some foods is due to their particular composition.

If your farts are smelling like "rotten eggs," that scent is generally due to hydrogen sulfide, a gas that's created when your body breaks down foods with sulfur in them, like the aforementioned vegetables and beans above.

✔️

Dogs sniff each other's butts because it's the easiest way for them to exchange business cards.

So while most dog farts smell the same to our dumb human noses, dogs are actually presenting their own signature scent.

Basically, dogs can never blame anyone else for their farts.

✔️
Your dog's farts smell like sulfur or rotten eggs due to hydrogen sulfide. This is the gas responsible for the rotten egg fart smell. Sulfur is an essential mineral in the dog's diet… Plus, there are also certain diseases and gastrointestinal issues can also be the reason your dog's fart smells sulfuric.
✔️
Dogs have a hugely sensitive sense of smell, and just as we found some gaseous emissions repulsive, so can dogs. A sensitive dog may even get up and walk away from the bad smell, which is positive proof that dogs can detect the sulfurous odor of flatulence.
✔️
While dog farts are a smelly but normal part of life, excess gas could indicate a serious medical condition, so the first step is always to visit your vet. And, dogs aren't just good at emitting odors, they can track them too, so consider getting involved with AKC Scent Work.
✔️

THE STINKY ONES

Five odorless gases — nitrogen, carbon dioxide, oxygen, hydrogen and methane — account for more than 99 percent of the gases passed as flatus. The remaining 1 percent is a mixture of sulfur-containing gases, like hydrogen sulfide, that cause flatus to smell like rotten eggs.
50 similar questions