Why does xylitol kill dogs?
Because it's such a strong stimulator of insulin release in dogs, it takes just a small amount of xylitol (0.1g/kg) eaten by a dog to cause a dangerous drop in blood sugar ("hypoglycemia").
Dogs also lick because they like the taste of an owner's salty skin and out of habit.
Mostly, with domestic Dogs, it's a sign of affection.
Licking releases pleasurable endorphins which gives Dogs a feeling of comfort and pleasure — like the feeling people get when they are biting their nails — it relieves stress.
We've handpicked 20 related questions for you, similar to «Why does xylitol kill dogs?» so you can surely find the answer!