Will eating dandelions hurt my dog?
This benefit alone will make you feel good about the positive answer to can dogs eat dandelions.
Diuretic – The dandelion leaf acts as a diuretic and helps your arthritic dog, or your dog with gallbladder disease, kidney stones and congestive heart failure.
Perhaps the best way to stop the problem is through training and environmental management methods, including:
- Keep the dog's living area clean, including the yard, so there will be no poops for him to pick up.
- Cat owners should keep that litter box clean or out of the dog's reach.
Do-it-yourself suggestions to help you stop your dog from eating his own poop include:
- Coat stools with hot sauce or lemon juice. Add a few tablespoons of canned pumpkin to his food bowl each day.
- Add meat tenderizer to your dog's food (it will make the dog waste taste VERY bad).
- Keep waste picked up on a regular basis.
And grass-eating doesn't usually lead to throwing up - less than 25% of dogs that eat grass vomit regularly after grazing.
Other suggested reasons why your dog might be eating grass include improving digestion, treating intestinal worms, or fulfilling some unmet nutritional need, including the need for fiber.
We've handpicked 24 related questions for you, similar to «Will eating dandelions hurt my dog?» so you can surely find the answer!