Will eating sticks hurt my dog?
Perhaps the best way to stop the problem is through training and environmental management methods, including:
- Keep the dog's living area clean, including the yard, so there will be no poops for him to pick up.
- Cat owners should keep that litter box clean or out of the dog's reach.
The danger though is that the dog begins to use sticks as toys and many dogs will begin chewing on the stick.
Wood splinters easily when chewed on and shards can jam into the dog's mouth causing an infection.
Also if pieces of wood are swallowed, it can cause intestinal blockage.
Do-it-yourself suggestions to help you stop your dog from eating his own poop include:
- Coat stools with hot sauce or lemon juice. Add a few tablespoons of canned pumpkin to his food bowl each day.
- Add meat tenderizer to your dog's food (it will make the dog waste taste VERY bad).
- Keep waste picked up on a regular basis.
We've handpicked 23 related questions for you, similar to «Will eating sticks hurt my dog?» so you can surely find the answer!