Will getting another dog help?
So while another dog might make your dog less lonely, it's not likely to cure your dogs anxiety when you're away.
If you're planning on getting a second dog that's wonderful, but don't make that decision just because you hope it will help your current dog.
dogs are a 10-15 commitment.
How to treat minor separation anxiety
- Don't make a big deal out of arrivals and departures — ignore your dog for the first few minutes then calmly pet them.
- Leave your dog with recently worn clothes that smell like you.
- Establish a word or action that you use every time you leave that tells your dog you'll be back.
Simple dog constipation treatments often include:
- Canned pumpkin.
- Bran cereal.
- Metamucil, Siblin, or a similar product.
- Canned dog food to increase moisture.
- Extra water.
If your dog has arthritis, there are several ways you can help them feel more comfortable
- Consult your vet for effective treatments…
- Control weight and diet…
- Offer a soft bed…
- Install ramps, cubes and slip-free flooring…
- Try massage and exercise…
- Make time for grooming.
And while that second dog may help alleviate the first dog's symptoms, his presence doesn't fix the underlying separation-related anxiety.
If you really DO want a second dog, the first course of action is to help your existing dog overcome the separation-related anxiety before bringing in the new addition.
We've handpicked 68 related questions for you, similar to «Will getting another dog help?» so you can surely find the answer!